I was born in Venice in 1983
• High School Diploma at the School of Art of Venice, Italy
• Undergraduate degree in Visual Arts and Theatre at the IUAV University of Venice, Italy
• Graduate degree in Visual and Multimedia Communication specialising in Interaction Design at Iuav University of Venice, Italy.
• In 2009 I founded Thounds.com, strongly supported by H-Farm
• 2008/2009 interaction designer @ SHADO Srl
• 12-15/08/2008 Media Mediterranea Festival in Pula (Croatia), Randomclapping’s interaction design projects exhibition.
• 07-11/07/2008 Pause Summer Workshops “FORM + CODE” held by Casey Reas at Fondazione Claudio Buziol Replay/Fast Forward, Venice.
• Thesis’ title: Riffle – music network. The aim is to create a software prototype for musicians allowing mutual interaction on music projects and sample-sharing on-line (Tutor: Gillian Crampton Smith).
• Also: current contribution and development of Random Clapping, (Iuav IxD’s student website)
• Since 2005 a on-going collaboration for the music review Musica Continua in Mestre (Venice) as a sound engineer and multimedia support.
• Summer 2007: summer camp at CIID (Copenhagen Intitute of Interaction Design), during the Index Award.
• September 2007: a video-clip workshop with Mike Mills during Teach Me (graphic and cultural event) at IUAV, Venice
• In 2006, project and performance of “le cittàinvisibili” (The invisible cities) at Teatro Civico di Schio (Vicenza), a music and theatrical work based on Italo Calvino’s novel.
• 2006 employment at Studio Print (Marino Pegoraro & Partners).
• 2000 short internship at Mediaset graphics dep. (Art Director: Mirko Paje).
• 1999 internship at Studio New Tone (Walter Deppieri & Partners).
• I’m very interested in visual communication and new media, and focusing my research on sound and video-making. I have collaborated at performances based on the interaction between digitally processed music and the theatre, thus realising the software applications’ potential and then decided to expand on this field participating at courses of Interaction design at my university.
• Sound manipulation is one of my passions. After a workshop on physical computing held by Yaniv Steiner I’ve built my own guitar controller (guitar gently weeps)
• I like computing. I’m learning how to present my design projects using codes.
• I’m an expert of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. I’m skilled with video and audio softwares the like of Ableton Live, Cubase, Adobe After-Effect, Premier and Adobe Flash. I’m discovering and learning computing languages such as PD and Max/msp, and also programming with Processing and ActionScript 2. I am a beginner in physical computing and wiring, but improving all the time.
Mother tongue: Italian. Second language: English
on Wired Italia magazine
on LA7 innovation TV show
on VERSUS TV show